Monday, April 22, 2013

So Far this year

Things I've learned in races so far this year:

  • While I've improved a lot, I still do not have what it takes to really compete with Cat 1 guys.
  • Going all out from a rest is totally different from doing it after riding hard for a while.
  • I spend too much energy at the points where spending energy makes little sense. 
  • Aero equipment makes a huge difference in the wind (seriously, yesterday without the aero helmet and climbing wheels despite having a smaller wind it took more watts to get the same speed into the wind)
Things I will change:
  • I'm going to be the jerk who never pulls, basically ever and if i do it is like 10 seconds
  • More 'bipolar' in terms of energy expenditure, either going really hard or barely at all

No comments:

Post a Comment